If you’re staying in Charlottesville during Thanksgiving Break, this page is for you.
Monticello, the home of Thomas Jefferson, has extended free admission to all UVA students for this academic year. You can reserve your free ticket online or in person. Be sure to take your UVA ID when you visit. More details are on the Monticello website.
Nov. 24, 6:00 – 8:30 p.m., Dome Room.
Come see the night sky recreated in the Rotunda’s Dome Room, just as Thomas Jefferson once envisioned it.
All first-year and upperclass housing areas, including Residential Colleges and Language Houses, will remain open during Thanksgiving Break (Nov. 22-26), however, Housing & Residence Life offices will be closed during this time. If you have a maintenance emergency during that time, please call Facilities Management Systems Control at 434-924-3053. Visit the Housing & Residence Life website for more information or contact [email protected] or 434-924-3736.
Mailroom hours on Nov. 20-21 will be as follows:
- Bond and Lambeth 4 to 7 p.m.
- Page and Shannon 4 to 8 p.m.
- Runk 4 to 7 p.m.
- Cauthen (oversize package pick-up only) 2-5 p.m.
All mailrooms will be closed from Nov. 22-26.
Newcomb Hall, 1515, the UVA Chapel
Newcomb Hall, and 1515 close at 5 p.m. on Nov. 21. They will reopen at noon on Nov 26. Normal hours will resume Nov. 27.
The UVA Chapel is closed for renovations.
Student Health and Wellness
The Department of Student Health and Wellness will be closed with no student access Nov. 22-26. Normal hours will resume Nov. 27. For more information, please visit the Student Health and Wellness website.
Parking & Transportation
University Transit Service (UTS) will offer the following service during Thanksgiving Break:
- Nov. 22: Commuter Service (provides Health System Route service during holidays when clinics are still in operation, such as the workdays before Thanksgiving and after Christmas day. Only service for Blueline, Blueline Express, and Redline.)
- Nov. 23-26: No service
There will be no UTS on Demand service (formerly Safe Ride) on Nov. 22-26.
Full service will resume Nov. 27. Visit the Parking & Transportation website for the full list of Upcoming Service Impacts.
All University Libraries will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 23. Other hours vary by date and location. View the Library Locations & Hours page for more information.
- Clemons Library will close at 8 p.m. on Nov. 21 and remain closed Nov. 22-25. Normal hours will resume on Nov. 26.
Fitness & Recreational Facilities
All fitness and recreational facilities will be closed on Nov. 23. Other hours vary by date and location. See the Virginia Recreation website for more information.
- The Aquatic & Fitness Center (AFC) will be open 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Nov. 21 and closed on Nov. 22-25.
- North Grounds Recreation Center will be closed on Nov. 20-25.s
- Memorial Gym will be closed Nov. 22-26.
- Slaughter Recreation Center will be closed Nov. 22-25.
UVA Dining will operate on a limited schedule from Nov. 21-Nov. 26.
- Newcomb Hall Fresh Food Co. will be closed Nov. 22-25 and open Nov. 26, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Observatory Hill Dining Room will be closed Nov. 23-25 and open Nov. 26, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Runk Dining Hall will be closed Nov. 22-25 and open Nov. 26, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Other Dining Rooms and a majority of retail locations will be closed Nov. 23-26. Normal hours will resume on Nov. 27.
For a full list of locations and hours, visit the Dining website.