About the Second-Year Experience
Welcome to your Second-Year at UVA!
We have a Second-Year Committee that is dedicated to helping create the best experience for you. The Committee has a mission and outcomes that we hope you will experience throughout your second-year. Which you’ll see below.
Remember, we are here to support you in your journey at UVA and to help make your second-year as best as it can be!
Second-Year Experience Mission
To provide a supportive, coordinated effort that empowers second-year students to exercise the knowledge and skills to thrive at UVA.
Second-Year Experience Outcomes
- Second-Year students will enhance their understanding of the unique resources and supports available to them.
- Second-Year students will take ownership of their development to discern, plan, act, and reflect.
- Academic Planning
- Clarifying Experiences/High Impact Experiences
- Study abroad
- Undergraduate Research
- Joining a CIO
- Second-Year students will engage in experiential learning to deepen their connection to UVA and broader communities
- Second-Year students will develop practices of the dimensions of wellbeing that impact their success