Coping with Grief (.pdf)
Questions in Grief (.pdf)
- 24/7 on-call crisis help and by appointment
- Call 434-243-5150 or schedule online
- Free – Available 24/7
- Speak with a counselor by video or phone
Counseling by appointment. Call 434-982-2252.
Quiet spaces for reflection or to gather in small groups with hot drinks to-go (drop-in, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.).
Drop-in time with the center's therapy dog, Poe (11 a.m.-noon on Thursdays).
Online resources, including sign-up information for the spring Wellness & Connection group, a chance for students to support and connect with each other in an intentional way.
Spaces where students can be together in fellowship and support:
- Newcomb Hall (including Multicultural, Latinx, LGBTQ and Interfaith student centers)
- 1515 Student Center
- UVA Chapel (closed for renovations through August 30, 2023)
- Access to Insight Timer App: Premium version free for UVA students, faculty, staff. The app provides a meditation timer and the world’s largest free repository of guided meditations, music tracks, and other recorded and live events to enhance well-being.
Taco Tuesday: Welcome Back!
Jan. 17, 4 p.m., Newcomb Hall first floor.
Come to Taco Tuesday to see Hoos Back on Grounds and to have some fun before the spring semester begins! Dance to some music, hang out with friends, and enjoy a free taco bar from Qdoba. First-come, first-served.
Sponsored by Student Engagement, Fraternity and Sorority Life and the Division of Student Affairs
Expressions of Sympathy and Collective Giving
If you would like to send cards or notes to the families of Devin Chandler, Lavel Davis Jr. and D'Sean Perry, blank cards are available at the Rotunda information desk (just inside the entrance) or in the front office of O'Neil Hall. Staff at these locations will take care of mailing the cards -- no postage required. If you cannot drop off the cards in person, you may mail them to:
- Office of the EVP-COO
O’Neil Hall 130, 445 Rugby Rd.
P.O. Box 400228
Charlottesville, VA 22904
- Please indicate the family to whom the note should be directed.
- Office of the EVP-COO
You can make a financial gift to the UVA Strong Fund, a University-wide effort created and administered by the UVA Alumni Association. The goal of the fund is threefold: to support victims, survivors, and their families; to provide services for students in the wake of the tragedy; and to honor the lives of Devin, Lavel and D'Sean.
If you have questions about the above, please contact Nicole Thomas, Student Affairs Development, at [email protected].
A number of religiously affiliated organizations are available for spiritual connection.