Event Planning Guide
The event planning guide is a resource on steps to consider when planning for an event with you organization.
Before Your Event
- Does this event contribute to furthering the goals or mission of your organization?
- What do you want people to know or experience when they leave your event?
- Can I realistically plan this event with the budget I have? How much money do I need?
- Are there partners or co-sponsors that we can work with to make the event more successful?
1+ Month(s) Before Your Event
- Secure your space via Event Planning Services
- Make a budget
- Secure any performers/services/vendors
- Apply for funding or fundraise if needed
- Plan for food
- Secure your staff
- Take care of any paperwork and University forms EARLY
- Secure payment for your performers/services or vendors
- Develop a marketing plan
2 Weeks Before Your Event
- Execute your marketing plan!
- Facebook/Twitter and other forms of social media
- Table Tents
- Connections Newsletter
- Check in with your vendors/speakers/performers/services to confirm their services
- Secure volunteers for your event
- Determine if and how you will track event attendance
The Week of Your Event
- Check in with your volunteers
- Advertising push
- Print Materials Complete
- Prepare event materials
- Prepare event evaluations, where appropriate
After Your Event
- Send thank you notes/emails as applicable
- Wrap it Up and Leave Feedback
- Create an after event summary with all of the information and details from your event.