Additional Student Funding Sources
Looking for funding? Review this list of University-affiliated funding sources and you just might come across one that's new to you! Each grantor establishes its own criteria and limitations for financial support, so be sure to review the linked guidelines.
- Appropriates funds from Student Activities Fees.
- Only active CIOs and Special Status Organizations may apply.
- Appropriates funds from the College of Arts & Sciences School Fee.
- Offers separate grants for CIOs, faculty-student interactions, and student research.
- CIOs can apply to co-sponsor an event with UPC.
- Only events that are open to all students (without alcohol present) are eligible.
- Inclusive Excellence Grants fund efforts that promote equity and inclusion at UVA.
- Various grants are awarded for student, faculty, and staff projects related to the arts.
- Any UVA student, organization, or individual that supports undergraduate students may apply.
- Small grants of $250-500 are awarded for innovative projects that promote a diverse and inclusive culture at UVA.
- Significant grants ($2,500-$150,000) are awarded to administration, faculty, and student-led projects. This includes organizations, centers, and institutes.
Bonus Fundraising Tips
- Work concessions at an athletic game: Contact Elizabeth Orrison, NPO Coordinator, at [email protected] or call 434-243-4370.
- Seek donations from parents or alumni
- Get inspired by asking other CIOs how they raise money