It’s not too late to join Hoos Connected and earn what might just be the easiest credit of your college career.
No homework. No tests. No performance stress.
College can be a lot. Give yourself permission to join a group that lets you just be you for an hour a week, while getting to know other students in a similar stage of their UVA experience.
Enroll in PSYC 1020 and expand your social network, or join with friends and deepen existing connections.
What You Get:
- Learn more about yourself → thought provoking topics encourage you to reflect and grow.
- Get more comfortable in groups → groups are part of college…and work…and life. Groups never stop being a thing, so get some practice in a low-stakes environment.
- Learn about others → get to know people on a deeper level and learn not just about them but also from them. People can be kind of amazing.
- Reduce your stress → with a mix of games and lighthearted fun with deeper discussions, you’ll be less stressed and more connected!
- Enroll in PSYC1020 on SIS.
- You’ll be assigned to a small group of 6-10 people (we’ll ask whether you’d like to meet fresh faces or join with friends).
- Groups meet once a week all semester – either Mondays at 4 p.m., Mondays at 5:30 p.m., or Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m.
- Groups are led by two upper-level student facilitators.
- The first class meets next week (1/23 & 1/24) at the locations listed on SIS, and small groups begin the week after (1/30 & 1/31).
Learn more at hoosconnected.virginia.edu!