Alison Nagel, Hoos Connected Program Director
It’s not too late to join Hoos Connected and earn what might just be the easiest credit of your college career.
No homework. No tests. No performance stress.
College can be a lot. Give yourself permission to join a group that lets you just be you for an hour a week, while getting to know other students in a similar stage of their UVA experience.
Enroll in PSYC 1020 and expand your social network, or join with friends and deepen existing connections.
What You Get:
- Learn more about yourself → thought provoking topics encourage you to reflect and grow.
- Get more comfortable in groups → groups are part of college…and work…and life. Groups never stop being a thing, so get some practice in a low-stakes environment.
- Learn about others → get to know people on a deeper level and learn not just about them but also from them. People can be kind of amazing.
- Reduce your stress → with a mix of games and lighthearted fun with deeper discussions, you’ll be less stressed and more connected!
- Enroll in PSYC1020 on SIS.
- You’ll be assigned to a small group of 6-10 people (we’ll ask whether you’d like to meet fresh faces or join with friends).
- Groups meet once a week all semester – either Mondays at 4 p.m., Mondays at 5:30 p.m., or Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m.
- Groups are led by two upper-level student facilitators.
- The first class meets next week (1/23 & 1/24) at the locations listed on SIS, and small groups begin the week after (1/30 & 1/31).
Learn more at hoosconnected.virginia.edu!